Who can register a death?
The following persons may act as Informant, when registering:
- A relative of the deceased present at the death.
- A relative of the deceased in attendance during the last illness.
- A relative of the deceased residing or being in the district where the death occurred.
- A person present at the death.
- The person making arrangements with the funeral director (eg. person responsible for payment of the funeral expenses).
Funeral Directors are NOT allowed to register a death.